What is the best book for ias prelims?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  6395716036 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ayush mehta
    Participant

best book for ias prelims

Jayantikumar
    Participant

Books serve as the basics and choosing the right set of resources is essential to crack the exam.

You may find, that the syllabus covered is similar in all books, but the treatment and application of content decide the best books.

Here are some best selling books for General studies in Preliminary. Choose your optional subjects,based on the availability of suitable study resources.

NCERT Text Books from Class 6 – 12 serve as the basics for any competitive exam
    For General Studies, all of them are great resources.
    General Studies Paper 1 Manual by Pearson
    General Studies Paper 1 Manual by McGraw Hill
    General Studies Paper 1 Manual by Arihant
    General Studies Paper 2 Manual by Pearson
    General Studies Paper 2 Manual by McGraw Hill
    General Studies Paper 2 Manual by Arihant
    Current Affairs
    India Year Book
    Manorama Yearbook.
    For CSAT (Aptitude)
    Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal
    Cracking the CSAT – Arihant
    Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey

I recommend you develop the habit of making notes and reading magazines.This will help you to attack the questions on current affairs.

In addition to all the above points, a mentor can help you to keep you on track every now and then. In fact, one of my cousins had taken coaching from one of the best IAS academy in Chennai and cleared the prelims successfully. They have an expert faculty team, in-house study materials with good teaching methodologies, test series and Mock test.

My advice would be to use the available time and resources in the best possible manner. You will come out with flying colours.

All the best.

sai ias academy
    Participant

Best books for IAS prelims – Indian politics book – by lakshmikanth, geography book – by GCLeon, class 11 and 12 history books at cbse, economics book – by sankar ganesh and all ncert school books. In addition, SAI IAS Academy provides booklets consisting of the important questions .

Pankaj Singh
    Participant

Today while searching for the same things, I have found the latest blogs updated by Disha Publications on their blogs related to the Revised Exams dates of various of Upcoming latest Governments.
    Disha Publication is among India’s leading publishers and distributors of print and digital learning material with strengths in school books, competitive exam books, e-books, and online test series. Disha Publication has published a gamut of books that caters to various competitive exams and entrance exams.

If you want to save your time you can simply follow the link to get this relevant information:
    Click here
    Also in these blogs, we will find the following information about Various exam like:
    • Exam Pattern
    • Syllabus
    • Previous Year Paper with Solutions
    • Mock test or Practice Paper
    • Current Affairs
    • Study Material
    • Free E-books and lot more

For more, You can explore their blogs:

Click here

aakashjain
    Participant

Currently, I’m also preparing for my IAS exam after going through Dhyeya IAS and it’s going very well for me. In these days, I found some important books that will help you in IAS prelims:

History:
    – India’s Struggle for Independence – Bipan Chandra
    – Facets of Indian Culture – Spectrum

Geography:
    – Certificate Physical Geography – G C Leong
    – World Atlas

Indian Polity:
    – Indian Polity – M Laxmikanth
    – NCERT IX-XII

Economics:
    – Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
    – Economic Development & Policies in India – Jain & Ohri

International Relations:
    – NCERT XII (Contemporary World Politics)
    – Current Affairs

CSAT:
    – Tata McGraw Hill CSAT Manual
    – Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R S Aggarwal

Rita Dogra
    Participant

Rau’s IAS offers the best book for ias prelims Rau’s IAS Prelims Compass.

anil
    Participant

UPSC IAS Prelims Online Exam Course
    Important Features of the UPSC/IAS Prelims Online Course
    UPSC – IAS Prelims is an online course. You will get videos, PDFs, Daily Unit tests, Full-Length tests (test Series)
    This course will cover prelims, Mains, and Interview.
    You will get day wise schedule and in that schedule, you will get arranged contents.
    Videos are recorded, so you can watch any time and repeat any number of times, however, it is suggested to go as per schedule as the syllabus is vast if derailed it will be difficult to come back.
    You need not take any other book/ coaching /study material. Everything will be covered in full detail.
    Each and every topic is covered through video lecture and PDf is provided for that.
    Kindly watch the above-given video to understand the program.

Participant

Start your preparation with disha previous years question papers of prelims.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.