How do I start preparing for the UPSC while pursuing graduation?

IAS Forums : Discussion Forums for IAS Aspirants Forums General Discussions How do I start preparing for the UPSC while pursuing graduation?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rahul Keshari 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nisha roy
    Participant

please help???

jyati khanna
    Participant

It will be good if you can join the weekend batch of Rau’s for your ias preparation while pursuing your graduation. As in this way both your graduation studies and ias preparations will be carried simultaneously.

Rahul Keshari
    Participant

Hi!!
    First and foremost to start your preparation is to imprint the UPSC CSE syllabus!! This is the most important thing to do as it will be your guide towards your entire learning process. You can go through this UPSC CSE syllabus article, which sums up all very nicely.
    It is highly recommended to start your preparation with the NCERTs. They are very basic and are actually the foundation for your entire preparation. During graduation, one has ample time to master NCERTs and do the respective questions.

On a strong foundation, rest great pillars of success!!!

Also, this period is the best to develop a knack for the newspaper (particularly the HINDU) and reading it with respect to the prescribed syllabus. Try framing questions and answering them.

Once you are done with the NCERTs switch to the standardized books read it and learn it but suffice your learning wrt the syllabus.

I am again and again emphasizing the syllabus because it is very important and most of the aspirants don’t pay any special attention to it.

Also this the right time to decide what your optional is going to be!!! This is the perfect time to get an overview of the same as this is going to one of the most important factors to decide your overall rank!!

If you are all equipped with what is mentioned above so by the time you actually sit for the exam you will be comfortable with answering questions and all prepared for the essay paper too, thus going to be a total WIN-WIN situation for you!!!
    All the very BEST!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.