GUIDANCE FOR IAS ASPIRANT

This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ankit19 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

unknown
    Participant

hello friends, if u need help regarding preparation of upsc civil services exam, you can ask any time on my whatsapp number…

Jayesh
    Participant

If you are preparing for civils exam then i would like to suggest one coaching centre which provides quality coaching ….one of the best in bangalore to prepare..

upsccivilservices.com
    http://www.pragnyaias.com

amar256
    Participant

This Pragnya coaching have quite adopted to the new changes in the upsc pattern …and the classroom strength is not very large which will help in gaining individual attention…Pragnya ias in recent years has shown good quality in teaching with good teachers.
    Even I have taken my coaching in the Pragnya IAS institute. . I was able to clear mains twice in 2013 and 2014 CSE but unfortunately got stuck in interview . Even they gave me knack to write answers which is the most crucial part of the exam.

sitaldahal
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

The unacademy channel in the youtube has a plenty of quality lectures for UPSC IAS Aspirants, You can even refer the blog post GUIDANCE FOR IAS ASPIRANT by funtasticfacts.com and even you can download the hindu epaper free pdf from there.

Ankit19
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

These are few of the tips that can help you in clearing IAS exams:

Start early

After deciding to appear in the exam, preparations for the same should start early. In order to get an idea about the type of questions being asked, solved papers of past years should be referred to. It is also necessary to be updated in all fields, for instance History, Economy, Polity, etc and getting the best books for the same.

Routine work

A person needs to develop some kind of routine, which would help him to focus for long hours and cover the entire syllabus within the time available. A routine chart also helps in developing a concentrated approach for Mains as well as in preparing for most scoring parts of IAS Prelims syllabus early.

One at a time

With many subjects to get prepared for, students often commit the mistake of trying to prepare all at once. What they actually need to do is stop this multi-tasking and pick one subject at a time. Multi-tasking might lead to confusion, loss of concentration and lower output. It is also important to not to refer to more books than are absolutely required.

Unit test

Remember the school days when the teacher used to have unit tests in every 15 days in order to prepare us for the final exams? We need to evaluate ourselves in the same way, by taking our own mock tests after completing a particular section in a topic; in order to prepare ourselves for the final battle.

Score it up

As mentioned above, smart work is much needed than hard wok to ace the exams. In IAS Prelims, some sections are easier to score off than others and students should always aim to cover these sections first. For example, Maps is one of the topics that can fetch good marks with less effort.

Short notes

Making short notes has always been a smart way to study and has always helped in revising quickly. These notes can be in the form of flash cards or micro notes on subjects like current affairs, GK, as well as other GS and optional topics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.