How to Crack UPSC Prelims 2016

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rupali Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

myjourney
    Participant

Hi friends,
    I am very glad that it is a good platform for us to learn many things.
    I want to clear this UPSC Prelims 2016. Now it is my ultimate target.
    Tell me what are the areas we should focus a lot (the areas which having more marks).

Note: I am going through the syllabus and previous questions paper. Anyhow your inputs maybe helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

Ankit19
    Participant

To crack UPSC prelims 2016 you need to follow some of the points:

1. First you need to understand the exam. Only after understanding the exam can the preparation be in the right direction.

2. It is necessary to go through previous year question papers of UPSC IAS Civil Services Prelims Exam.

3. Studying in a planned manner is a must. Given the vastness of the syllabus.

4. A broad plan should be made. Time should be allocated between subjects optimally. Ample time should also be left for revision multiple times before the UPSC IAS Civil Services Prelims Exam.

5. A daily time table should be made to bring about discipline.

6. Daily or weekly goals should be set. Goal setting is important to generate motivation.

Don’t make the final goal to clear UPSC Prelims only. You should also prepare for UPSC Civil Service Mains exam as well

Gunaseelan V
    Participant

Hello, I am Gunaseelan from Getintoias.com. As my knowledge you should have a depth understanding in NCERT’s.

You should also follow daily news papers like TheHIndu and Indian Express. Follow some good Magazines like wizard and so and so.

Parameshwari
    Participant

Hi,

You mentioned that you have gone through the Prelims syllabus. Pls tell me where i can get the Prelims syllabus. Which are the subjects to be concentrated? Pls explain me the exam structure.

Thanks in advance

Ranjan123
    Participant

Aspirants preparing for competitive exams must improve their English in order to crack any entrance test with ease. English is one such section in which you can score maximum marks in less time and use the time in solving quantitative aptitude and reasoning questions. Start practicing with the objective general English eBook, which includes every question with solutions, which you need to practice in order to answer all the English language problems with 100% accuracy. Moreover, this eBook allows you to prepare in a smart way as it brings every topic and chapter of English under on table.

Rupali Sharma
    Participant

To clear UPSC exams, you cannot afford to ignore any area. The Prelims exam is divided in two parts: General Knowledge and Aptitude.

Both the parts are of 200 marks, but aptitude is of less importance. It is just a qualifying exam, but still doesn’t mean that you ignore it or give it less time. Every subject has equal importance and needs same dedication to perform well in the exam.

But before anything else, you need to understand the exam pattern, importance of each subject and strategies to prepare well for them.

You can read the blog to know everything about UPSC exam preparation: 6 Important Things To Know Before Initiating UPSC Exam Preparation

Hope the blog helps you give your exam preparation a right direction for maximum learning. I would suggest that you should not just limit your preparation to the Prelim exams as many subjects and topics covered during Prelims are also helpful in Mains exam. So prepare for both the levels simultaneously.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.