UPSC 2017

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rahultajankar 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Karthik
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m a graduate currently working in a MNC. I want to take up UPSC exams. I’m planning to take up the exams next year (2017) so that I’ll be able to devote 1 year for preparation. Could anyone please let me know, how should I start and from where should I start. Which books should I buy for my preparations? How to devote time for Prelims and Mains separately? I can’t join any coaching classes as I can’t afford it. I’m totally blank with my preparations part which I know is the crucial part. Could you please take some time and guide me on this? Also when should I register for the exam? How can I register for the 2017 exam? Where will the notification get published?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    IPS Aspirant

HabeT
    Participant

check this site for general studies
    http://www.job-information.com/

Ankit19
    Participant

Hi Karthik,
    Its a good decision that you are planning to go for UPSC 2017. As you said you can devote 1 year for preparation then you can follow these points to start your preparation. All these tips are based on the success you can get in UPSC in 2017 Civil Services Exams.
    1. Solve papers to check where you stand.
    2. Make newspaper reading a habit. (Reading The Hindu/ The Indian Express is advised).
    3. Follow your NCERT Books. (Priority: History, Geography, Economy and Polity related NCERT texts).
    4. Try to Attempt UPSC Online mock test available on various website for free.

Jayesh
    Participant

Pragnya IAS insititute is a very good academy which is located in bangalore.. They provide offline as well as online coaching. … i had recently joined the institute and i must say it is good indeed. This is the only coaching in Bangalore which also provides online LIVE coaching facility…The institute provides live streaming of classes in virtual environament where you can also ask questions on real time basis through video conferencing. They also provide recorded lectures in case you could not attend the virtual class.

They also conduct online tests and also provide updated printed material. They also have finest study material of their own and also conduct test series and crash course as well. It has very less fees as compared to other institutes.

The links will help you:

http://www.pragnyaias.com

and

http://www.upsccivilservices.com

amar256
    Participant

Jayesh Kulkarni – This is indeed a good coaching. Its good to see you giving links to the aspirants in this thread.

This Pragnya IAS coaching has quite adopted to the new changes in the upsc pattern and the classroom strength is not very large which will help in gaining individual attention. Many aspirants have become officers from this institute.

Pragnya ias in recent years has shown good quality in teaching with good teachers.

Even I have taken my coaching in the Pragnya IAS institute.I was able to clear mains twice in 2013 and 2014 CSE but unfortunately got stuck in interview . Even they teach the knack/art to write answers which is the most crucial part of the exam.

Essay writing practices are conducted after prelims which most of the students neglect for mains. For answer writing they provide questions relevant to the days currrent events.

MANGESH
    Participant

Hi friends
    Maine bba complete kar chuka hu.phir main upsc IAS exam de sakta hu kya.aur wo bhi marathi me.bina coaching class ke.

Chanakya123
    Participant

Do you want to be an IAS?

Chanakya IAS Academy is going to organise a Seminar for the first time in Amritsar, the city from where Anmol Sher Singh Bedi came out with flying colors and became an IAS topper with AIR 2 – CSE 2016. You too can become an inspiration for the entire city by cracking the most coveted Civil Services Examination.

Get success mantras for Civil Services Exam in the free yet highly informative seminar by Success Guru AK Mishra and IAS Topper Anmol Sher Singh Bedi (AIR 2, CSE 2016).

Seminar In Amritsar

rahultajankar
    Participant

It’s a good decision that you are planning to go for UPSC 2017. As you said you can devote 1 year for IAS preparation is it regular preparation because u said u working so u have manage proper preparation with job

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.