How to start preparation for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam aptitude

IAS Forums : Discussion Forums for IAS Aspirants Forums UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam How to start preparation for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam aptitude

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ria 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vraju
    Participant

How to start preparation for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam aptitude point of view ?

How to prepare aptitude, reasoning and from which book . is any book required ?

Rupali Sharma
    Participant

To start preparation of UPSC Prelim exam, you should first equip yourself with the examination pattern. Once you know the pattern and weightage of different subjects, you will be able to make clear strategies for each subject.

UPSC Prelim exam is divided in two parts:

Part I – General Studies

Part II – Aptitude

For part one you can read newspapers, magazines and other books based on current affairs.

For Part II that is aptitude, you need to focus on different parts due to its dynamic nature. It includes mathematics, reasoning, interpersonal skills and analytical ability that demands for strong mental ability. Though the aptitude test is of only qualifying nature, you still need to score 33% marks to qualify in the exam.

As far as books for aptitude exam preparation are concerned, I would suggest you take help of teachers. If you keep asking different people, everyone will recommend different book and you will get confused.

So, better ask the teachers at coaching institutes to get the best suggestions. I went through the same problem when started UPSC exam preparation. But thankfully I got support of my teachers at Vajiram and Ravi to make the things easier for me and gain maximum from my time spent on exam preparation.

SapiensIAS
    Participant

SAPIENS IAS AT YOUR SERVICE FOR A DECADE
    At Sapiens IAS exam training institute, PRADIP KUMAR SARKAR has been teaching anthropology for a decade. He, himself appeared in UPSC exam with anthropology optional, perhaps he secured one of the highest scores in anthropology optional in his time, he faced IAS interviews.

UPSC Anthropology Optional

Prabha Bhat
    Participant

To start the preparation for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam, the first and foremost thing required is a clear idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. You can refer to previous year’s question papers to understand the type of questions asked in this exam. Once done, join a reputed civil service exam coaching center. Although there are large numbers of coaching institutions, but make sure you choose a reputed one. Joining a coaching class and studying of your own is not enough. It is very important to practice the questions on a regular basis. One of the best ways to practice is by self-assessing your knowledge. Among the various ways using which you can assess yourself, one of the best ways is to practice using iLearn IAS mobile app. This app consists of a self-assessment test which is actually designed in the same format as UPSC question paper.

With this app, aspirants get a detailed performance analysis based on their individual performance. The self-learning algorithm in the app, known as Intelligent Knowledge Appraiser (iKA) helps the aspirants understand the topics and sub-topics in which they are weak. So, accordingly they can improve their preparation. This prelims test series byb iLearn IAS is really helpful for the aspirants as it helps them gauge their exam preparation.

ria
    Participant

Some subjects are like once you have cleared concepts in first time, you don’t need to read them again and again repeatedly. Similar case with prelims aptitude. Start with one topic and with full concentration try to understand all the rules and concepts. Then try solving some questions related to that particular topic and find where you need to work more. Switch to next topic but don’t forget to practice previous topics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.