how to prepare for ifs/upsc???

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  CharuS. 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

imabhinash
    Participant

can any1 tell me what and how to study for ias??

imabhinash
    Participant

i have initially started to prepare for ifs plz help me choose for the same and tell some strategies for preparing ….

centre123
    Participant

Yes, if you wants to get prepare for UPSC and IAS coaching institute of India visit the best PCS Coaching Centres in Bareilly.

Rupali Sharma
    Participant

IAS exam preparation is not about studying 4-5 syllabus books. The whole IAS exam preparation that is divided in three parts: Prelims, Mains and Personal Interviews need thorough study. Besides reading the syllabus books, you also need to stay updated with the happenings around you. IAS exam preparation includes NCERT books, subject books, GS books and optional subject books.

If you ask online, everyone will suggest you different book as per their convenience. Following every suggestion might confuse you and can affect your preparation. So the right idea to study for IAS is to take help of experts at reputed coaching centers like Vajiram and Ravi. The teachers at the IAS coaching institute guide you at every step like book reading techniques, note making techniques, time management, mock exams and GD.

Initially, you might start with self-study, but to gain more insights about the exam and the right preparation strategies, you must join some coaching center.

Lali9
    Participant

here is the latest IAS syllabus, you can prepare through it, as we given the latest papers as well to prepare all for it

aspirant_ias
    Participant

I agree with Rupali and even I am confused. Right now, I am working on finding relevant websites in pertaining to IAS preparation. For now, I have found this website relevant for IAS material.

Will post more link in the near future.

All the Best To You and Me 😀

CharuS.
    Participant

Hello ,
    Generally, students with science background appear in both Union Civil Services (IAS, IPS etc) and Indian Forest Services. This makes a good strategy.
    Please collect previous years’ question papers and study the pattern of questions. Prepare question answers using standard text books.
    Study everything that is in the syllabus.

For more info you will check IFS Preparation Tips .

Best of luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.